Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI) founded in 2000 in Waterloo, Canada, develops and continually innovates the proteomics software platform PEAKS to identify and quantify proteins in very complex biological samples with LC-MS. Also provided is antibody characterization software and service, allowing customers to quickly and cost effectively characterize antibodies.
We offer great career opportunities in a new dynamic setting. Our employees are eligible for attractive benefits and options. Our office is located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (approximately one hour driving distance from Toronto).
Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI) is a leading software & service company, serving biopharmaceutical development and proteomics researchers. With our growing demand, we are looking for a motivated, hard-working individual to join our team as a “Human Resources Associate”. As a Human Resources Associate, you will provide support through the administration of the day-to-day operations as it relates to recruitment, human resource-related administration, including but not limited to leaves, pensions, benefits, compensation and performance management. You will be responsible for accurate data entry and retrieval when responding to queries from members of the management team and external and internal stakeholders. You are highly organized, able to succeed in a fast-paced environment, and are eager to engage with new challenges. You also have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, are able to work independently and as a team member and effectively prioritize and multi-task. You are familiar with HR-related policies and regulations, as well as the relevant legal implications. You will be exposed to the full suite of HR service delivery – from workplace data and recruitment to benefits administration and compensation – and will liaise with functional leads and clients to develop greater expertise in the field and to better understand the work flow processes within the organization that balance operational requirements and best practices.
- Support recruitment function in the administration of the recruitment process that includes internal transfer process, vacancy files, seniority reports, liaising with clients, recruiters and HRMPs and preparing new employee pack and orientation.
- Create the company Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and document all new employees and transfers and ensure all information is processed and entered into HRIS and appropriate benefit and pension enrollment.
- Process internal forms for retirements, leaves, resignations and enter into HRIS and other systems as appropriate.
- Point of first contact for all queries from employees, managers, union representatives. Keep the CEO informed of any outstanding performance-related issues and facilitate solutions.
- General administrative duties that include vacancy list, compensation and benefits administration, long term disability leaves and other leaves and retirement.
- Be responsible for the annual staff survey, including designing the staff survey questionnaire, collecting and analyzing information, drafting reports and facilitating support to solutions in case of outstanding issues.
- Organize relevant staff recreational activities and provide support to general office administration.
- Completion of related Post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate or a combination of relevant experience and education. Working knowledge of and experience in a unionized setting preferred; Knowledge or/and experiences related to employment laws is highly preferred.
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge about employment regulations and policies and employee health benefits is necessary.
- Minimum three-year working experience within the human resources function, covering responsibilities related to general HR administration, recruitment, benefits and pension management.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using MS Office (Outlook and Excel), Applicant Tracking Systems, Human Resource Information Systems, Benefit and Pension Administration Systems
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment and eager to learn new skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Results oriented with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and prioritize work with a professional demeanor
- Ability to adapt seamlessly to fast-paced work setting to meet immediate targets and timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Achieve your best within a sales-centric, performance-oriented environment at Bioinformatics Solutions Inc (BSI). We give you the tools to succeed and as you develop the relationships that fuel our growth, you can enjoy the rewards and recognition you deserve. The Sales Representative will be responsible for exceeding assigned sales targets within their assigned geographic territory, including prospecting, developing and closing opportunities. Achieve your best within a sales-centric, performance-oriented environment at Bioinformatics Solutions Inc (BSI). We give you the tools to succeed and as you develop the relationships that fuel our growth, you can enjoy the rewards and recognition you deserve. The Sales Representative will be responsible for exceeding assigned sales targets within their assigned geographic territory, including prospecting, developing and closing opportunities.
- Meet and exceed assigned sales targets while managing the entire sales cycle
- Understand and help customers find appropriate solutions for their needs
- Maintain accurate reporting and records in CRM
- Build and maintain awareness of new products, services and competitor activities
- Contribute to marketing initiatives and strategies
- Previous (3+ years) sales experience
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, with time and territory management
- Results driven with a proven ability to succeed in achieving sales targets
- Self-motivated with engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients through all available mediums (excellent verbal, listening, writing, presenting skills in English)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- University Degree/College Diploma
Bonus Experience (be sure to include those that apply):
- Proven ability to create and implement activity plans, coordinate tasks to achieve a balance between sales initiatives and required deliverables
- Ability to overcome/address objections of prospective customers
With the exciting expansion of Bioinformatics Solutions Inc., we are currently looking for a hard-working Java Developer who likes to take on challenging tasks and strives to achieve new goals. The successful candidate will join our talented group of software developers who aim to make a positive difference in proteomic research.
- Port bioinformatics algorithms from desktop platform to cloud-based platform
- Design server end software for large-scale, highly available distributed cloud system in high-quality, high-performance Java, create robust high-volume cloud computing applications
- Collaborate with other developers to design, document and implement the interfaces between modules
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in test and production environments
- Create and execute the unit test plan and feature test plan
- Interact with our project teams supporting customers all over the world
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or related fields
- Two year’s experience working with Java as a software developer
- Strong understanding of algorithms and how to apply them in real world applications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming and multi-threaded programming
- Familiar with latest Java 8 features, such as stream API, lambda, etc.
- Familiar with Java Swing and Java FX
- Work experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
Bonus Experience (be sure to include those that apply):
- Good understanding of programming in distributed system is a bonus
- Experience with web technologies on JVM is a bonus
- Experience with Akka, Hadoop and Spark is a big bonus
- Experience with Play and VertX is a big bonus
- Experience with HDFS, MongoDB and Cassandra is a big bonus
To improve our customer’s user experience and provide them with the best tool possible, BSI is looking for highly motivated, intelligent, hard working and creative UI/UX designer to join and grow with our teams.
- Transform ideas from concept to launch.
- Collect project requirements from relevant stakeholders.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product, application, and development teams.
- Solid understanding of creating user-centered experiences with complex requirements.
- Collaborate with team members to maintain design consistency, ensuring a high standard of elegance and modern creativity.
- Develop and design various features of our desktop and web applications that inspire, engage, and excite end users.
- Understand and solve functional problems for our desktop and web application users.
- Own the end-to-end design process from defining specs to building wireframes to finalize mockups.
- Analyze and update designs using user testing and feedback to iterate and improve UI/UX.
- 3 years of experience designing for a production customer-facing desktop software or web application.
- Experience creating flowcharts, wireframes, screen flows and mockups.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a impressive portfolio of work samples demonstrating past design experience.
- Well versed with desktop and web application design patterns.
- Passionate about crafting gorgeous, user-centric experience.
- Ability to lead team discussion, problem solving and contribute new and fresh ideas.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams including product, marketing, customer, etc.
- Proficient knowledge and past experience of Adobe Creative Suite and(or) other prototyping tools.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding and(or) experience with bioinformatics applications.
- Experience with complex data visualization problems.
- Understanding of agile process.