Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI) founded in 2000 in Waterloo, Canada, develops and continually innovates the proteomics software platform PEAKS to identify and quantify proteins in very complex biological samples with LC-MS. Also provided is antibody characterization software and service, allowing customers to quickly and cost effectively characterize antibodies.
We offer great career opportunities in a new dynamic setting. Our employees are eligible for attractive benefits and options. Our office is located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (approximately one hour driving distance from Toronto).
Bioinformatics Solutions, Inc. (BSI) is a leading software & service company, serving biopharmaceutical development and proteomics researchers. With our growing demand, we are looking for a motivated, hard-working individual to join our team as an “Application Specialist”. We need someone who can effectively communicate with our customers to answer questions about our software and services, and resolve issues that may arise. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong customer service focus, with excellent communication skills, and be knowledgeable in the sciences. An overview of the position is as outlined below:
- Identify and assess customer needs, and how BSI can contribute to their research goals
- Handle customer inquiries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, and follow up to ensure resolution
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Meet assigned targets for team sales and support
- Contribute to marketing initiatives and strategies
- Collect and present customer requests to aid with product development
- This position may require international travel up to 25% of time
- Previous (2+ years) sales or customer service experience
- Minimum BSc degree (biology/chemistry/biochemistry/bioinformatics or related field)
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients through all available mediums (excellent verbal, listening, writing, and presentation skills in English)
- Self-motivated, with engaging level of enthusiasm
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to overcome/address objections of prospective customers
- Mass spectrometry experience is an asset
- Knowledge of a programming language is an asset
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Fluency in additional languages is an asset
Bioinformatics Solutions Inc is currently looking for a Front-End Software Development Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The successful candidate will work with a team of talented individuals to deliver an attractive, easy-to-use GUI to our users.
- Development, customization and optimization of software GUI in Java
- Development, test, optimization and deployment of Web front-end
- Application of third-party UI software packages or tools into software product by the company
- Proficient in Java or PHP programming, at least 3-year or above working experience. Have experiences of using Java Swing, or other UI development toolkits
- Familiar with Eclipse, IDEA, GIT, CVS, SVN or other development tools
- Bachelor degree or above is a must
- Knowledge or experience in Jquery, EasyUI, BootStrap, HTML5+CSS3 is a plus
We are always looking to expand our sales and development team, also on the lookout for talented people with other areas of expertise. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we wish to arrange an interview.