Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI) founded in 2000 in Waterloo, Canada, develops and continually innovates the proteomics software platform PEAKS to identify and quantify proteins in very complex biological samples with LC-MS. Also provided is antibody characterization software and service, allowing customers to quickly and cost effectively characterize antibodies. We offer great career opportunities in a new dynamic setting.
Our employees are eligible for attractive benefits and options. Our office is located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (approximately one hour driving distance from Toronto).
Front-End Software Engineer
Bioinformatics Solutions Inc is currently looking for a Front-End Software Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The successful candidate will work with a team of talented individuals to deliver an attractive, easy-to-use Web interface to our users.
- Development, test, optimization and deployment of Web front-end
- Prototype new designs
- Ensure proper functioning of CI with all test passing
- Mentor junior developers in Web development
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of professional work experience on web applications
- Experience on one of the following library or framework such as React, Angular, and Vue
- Experience with Git, npm, Jenkins or similar technologies.
- Experience with RESTful API services
- Problem solving skills
- Strong communication ability
- Basic Data structure and algorithm knowledge
- Experience building reactive web applications
- Familiarity with the front-end charting libraries (ie: SVGs, D3, canvas, etc.)
- Familiarity with front-end testing framework (ie: enzyme, jest, etc.)
- Experience with linting and code coverage tools
- Familiarity with OAuth platform & handling of JSON web tokens (JWT)
- Experience with browser storage (ie: IndexedDB, etc)