Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI) founded in 2000 in Waterloo, Canada, develops and continually innovates the proteomics software platform PEAKS to identify and quantify proteins in very complex biological samples with LC-MS. Also provided is antibody characterization software and service, allowing customers to quickly and cost effectively characterize antibodies.
We offer great career opportunities in a new dynamic setting. Our employees are eligible for attractive benefits and options. Our office is located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (approximately one hour driving distance from Toronto).
Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI) is a leading software & service company, serving biopharmaceutical development and proteomics researchers. With our growing demand, we are looking for a motivated, hard-working individual to join our team as a “Mass Spectrometry Specialist”. The successful candidate is expected to apply state-of-art mass spectrometry techniques to perform proteomics and peptidomics studies, provide technical support and research on antibody characterization and foster team collaboration with internal and external groups.
- Apply and develop mass spectrometry technologies and execute experiments for proteomics and peptidomics studies and perform data analysis
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments including LC systems and mass spectrometers
- Develop new techniques, draft protocols, and document work in laboratory notebooks
- Communicate experimental methods and results to internal teams and external collaborators
- Minimum MSc degree (biology/chemistry or related field)
- Hands-on experience with developing and performing sample preparation for mass spectrometry experiment, and related data analysis for protein and peptide characterization
- Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry and LC instrument operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively, both independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Having enthusiasm in science and technology and is self-motivated and eager to learn
Bonus Experience (be sure to include those that apply):
- Proficient with advanced mass spectrometry technologies, e.g. Orbitrap, Q-TOF, etc.
- Familiar with label-free and label-based protein quantification methods and data analysis
- Familiar with post-translational modification methods and data analysis
- Knowledge of a programming language
- Fluency in additional languages